Wednesday 4 June 2008

maths study camp-

been out for the past two days and today to do tutoring at a maths study camp for amk secondary students-

initially signed up to do only e-math tutoring. but after the e-math quiz on the first day it seems my tutee totally didn't need e-math tutoring, she got like full marks for that quiz hahaa. so my tutoring became a-math tutoring instead.

due to the very easy e-math and a-math questions given to the tutees on the first day, we decided to give the more challenging "Just One Page" questions that we did in high school to the tutees yesterday. then today after marking my tutee's a-math full practice paper and comparing with the other tutors' papers, i realised i was super miserly with giving my tutee marks (sorry! hahaa). some small mistakes here and there but it was not bad =)

hahaa and my tutee wrote jokingly on the tutee reflection sheet that her tutor kept making her do logarithm questions. heh the extra logarithm questions were like quite fun please, i gave questions that involved alot of changing base and combining terms and the answers are always like simple terms such as '1', after cancelling out everything hahaa.

anyway i think the study camp was quite meaningful la. although i don't think i taught much to my tutee, but the experience was fun and enriching i guess. and my tutee and her gang kept laughing at me and yanming's conversation hahaa.

ohkayy we took two photos at the end of the study camp! or maybe more than two because my tutee said i was expressionless in the first one hahaa.


above: xinyi (my tutee) and i, before the prize presentation i think.


above: my tutee and her gang, two other tutors - the one in brown (first row) and the one in darker blue (second row) - and myself. i was like so busy laughing that i wasn't looking at the camera hahaa.

No comments: